Sunday, April 23, 2017

Easter: Week 16 Photo Challenge

 The Easter photo challenge was relatively easy one for me. This year our church had a cross where we put in freshly picked flowers. This cross photo is after second service. It's so pretty. The biggest challenge was to get a photo without anyone in the picture. People wanted their photos taken by it, people wanted to put more flowers on it. It's ok. It all worked out with patience!  The wonderful cross where our Savior Jesus died on the cross and saved us from our sins. Who else would have done that for us? He rose on the third day and many people saw Him and interesting stories written in the Bible about this piece of history that has changed everything!

******************************************************************************

Good Friday service at church was music, low lights, candles, communion. Scripture was read from when Judas betrayed Jesus up the to crucifixion. Then everyone was invited to write down a sin and then come forward and nail it to the cross that was laying on the stage. Oh the noise of the hammers brought it close to being there. I can only imagine what it was like. If I could only time travel back to that time when it happened. He did it all for me. And you!
 This past week was busy as I was gone 3 nights in a row. Here's a cross in a church I was at on Thursday for a writers connection meeting at Oak Hills Presbyterian church in Milwaukie. They'd done the same thing with their cross but pastor had taken the flowers off that afternoon. Friday Phil and I were at Northgate Bowling Alley where we met up with some of my co-workers to bowl. A few didn't show up but 6 of us had fun! Phil and I tied in our 2nd game, which was our last. I'm getting better! Will do it again next month, most likely. Wed was Bible study. As always it was good and nice to drive in the light, since time change a few weeks ago. On Saturday, Megan and I went to Yamhill to meet up with girlfriends from a former church we attended in Milwaukie. Yummy salad lunch where each of us brought something to add to the salad. I made angelic eggs (we don't call it deviled). Teresa B made bread and brownies as she hosted it. I'm good friends with her and so good to see her, Faith, MaryAnne and Leigh Ann again. Three of the 4 I know from when we attended Concord, other lady came later but it was a fun time. We get together a few times a year. Then Megan and I went shopping at Fred Meyer. We spent time shopping for clothes and I wound up buying 2 skirts, which were just what I needed and two tops. Latter two were on clearance racks. Skirts were on sale and then a 20% off coupon to take more off the skirts! Sweet!

 Here's the inside of the tulip I shared in last post. When it's sunny out, it opens up flat!

 After church today. we met up with five friends from church for Home2Home, where we eat and talk and have a good time. There were two different soups. This one is butternut, which I enjoy. Other one was Italian chicken, which I didn't eat, as I only have so much room in my stomach. There's salad with mandarin oranges and carmelized pecans and delicious muffins. I had a cup of tea as it's my caffeine for the day...a must have for me! I like this mug too.
 Then we played Dominoes, Mexican Train version. Never played that one but it was fun! Of course, Phil won both of those games.
 Dessert time we had my oatmeal chocolate chip cake with ice cream. There was a bit of chocolate ice cream left so I was able to nab it! A bit of tea left for me to wash it all down. We played a quick game of Bananagrams, like scrabble but with a twist. And Phil won that one too! 
 We had figured out our next 3 month meet ups and off we went...after Ulises got a group photo of us all.
Lyle, Vera, Becky, Ulises, Erin, Phil and Wanda.

It's been a chilly day with some rain showers, which we had to run through from hardware store to our car this afternoon. Seems so much like winter today with a heavy coat to walk in late afternoon and a bit of rain coming home. Megan and I want to get plants into pots but weather has not been cooperative.at.all! But I'm happy to have blooming plants which cheer me up when it's cold and windy and then.....a woodpecker has made two holes in the front of our house. Phil has put wood over them. I purchased an scare owl. It's helped. So far. A few days earlier we had a couple nice, warm days that brightened our lives. One was Friday when I was able to see my dr. She decides that I need to see a dermatologist which will be just fine by me. A bit of rash and allergy. Right now it's at bay, calmed down. Glad it's not quite so bad. 
Have a good week and enjoy some blessings amongst your day.
 ***

"Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul, having your conduct honorable among the Gentiles, that when they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they observe, glorify God in the day of visitation." 
1 Peter 2:11-12.


7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

How beautiful the cross looked with all those stunning flowers, an amazing sight.

Betsy said...

So much to comment on your post today Becky. First of all, I'm glad you're feeling better. It sounds like you've been having a lovely time with your church family. Your ladies lunch sounds good and so did the time when you all got together for dinner and game night. We also do that quite often with friends. I loved reading about the crosses. What would our lives be like without the cross? I shudder to even think. Have a lovely week my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Linda W. said...

That flower-covered cross is very pretty!

Elizabeth said...

I had not heard of Mexican Train Domino's! Will have to check that out. Love the cross. What a beautiful idea.

Teresa Kasner said...

Hi Becky! It looks like you've been busy and enjoying your life with friends and family and good food, too! The flower covered cross is a clever idea to brighten up an Easter Service. We're at the beach and it's been pretty good weather.. until today.. and it rained every second of the day! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Gracie Saylor said...

Your Easter services sound very memorable. I am glad you have been able to gather with friends. We were glad to celebrate with family and friends, too, and so grateful the Lord laid down His life for us. xx

Blue Tulip said...

Amen. This cross indeed has changed the fate of mankind! All this pics look so wonderful Becky! Ariam ---we met at seaside, taking the sunset pics!