Monday, April 10, 2017

Graffiti: Week 15 Photo Challenge

I wasn't too thrilled with this week's challenge but I did it anyway. I searched a bit yesterday afternoon in town and another town. Found nothing. I was hoping for a freight train since some of the box cars have graffiti on them. Late afternoon today I went out in search of graffiti again. As I drove up and back on Front St, by the railroad tracks, I spotted this electric box. So I found a place to turn around and parked. Got a few photos. Sat in car and waited for a train. Here one came....oh dear me, it's only Amtrak! It doesn't have any graffiti on it. Oh well....I waited another 20 minutes, hoping......no freight train. I had limited time so off I went back home. I don't like just sitting in that area very long anyway. I realized as I looked out my passenger side window that a bird or two had "graffiti-ed" my car! Sigh! So I cleaned that off when I got home. Now I have a clean patch on the side of the door as well. I've not washed the car lately. Won't happen til we get back from the coast! Sigh!

                     *****************************************************

We didn't have much damage from the wind storm on Friday. We did lose power for 50 minutes late morning. I did get a bit of shopping done at Safeway around 2. I didn't get to go to dr appointment as they had no power! Neither did McDonalds and a grocery store across the street. The traffic signals there were out as well. I am hoping to get in this week. Messes up my calendar and my schedule! I am doing ok, just a little annoyed! There have been trees that have fallen and messed up a few places. One in our neighborhood, a few blocks away, fell on a neighbor's garage and house...bummer. Two trees by the middle school have ripped off branches that are touching the ground. Last fall one had to be cut down. Not sure but they aren't the best of shape, what I hear from a maintenance man from the school district.  I'm looking forward to a good week. Phil and I are going to Facing Darkness movie, put out by Samaritan's Purse in the evening. Interesting but sad movie....true story.
                                                     Have a good week, my friends.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

That's a good picture even though I don't like graffiti either.

Glad there was no damage to your property during the wind storm. Sounds bad about those trees by the school though. Maybe they should just be removed if they are in bad shape. I would hate to see someone hurt by falling branches. That's awful about the house that had the tree fall on it. Hope everyone is OK.

Have a great week!

Betsy said...

We have a lot of graffiti on the freight trains that go behind our trailer at the lake. Some of it is actually very beautiful and I think if they only put those talents to good use, they can make a lot of money at it! Ha ha! I hope you guys have a wonderful time at the coast. I'm sure missing it. It's been a couple of years since we've made it there. It's sure been a strange spring with all the storms. We had about an inch of snow this morning on my rhubarb as it's coming up. It's melted now, but good golly! Is Spring ever going to truly arrive? Have a wonderful week my friend.
Blessings, Betsy

Jen said...

That's a neat photo!!! We don't have a lot of graffiti here but we do see it on the trains as they are passing through.

Gracie Saylor said...

Well, I am sort of glad you had a hard time finding graffiti :) , but sorry the birds decided to graffiti your car! I hope your area recovers well from the wind storm and that you have a blessed week, Becky. xx