Saturday, April 15, 2017

Pre-Easter Week

As usual we've had a busy week. Phil and I added a movie to our schedule Monday evening. We both work so it's usually a weekend venture but Facing Darkness movie was featured only two dates. I was able to get off 15 minutes early. Phil stopped at Subway and bought us dinner. The movie was more of a documentary with people who were really working for Samaritans Purse in Monrovia, Liberia when the Ebola virus was rapidly causing suffering and death. But it was good and made one think on many things. So glad we went. It's coming out in DVD and Blueray soon. Afterwards we went to Wendy's for a frosty before heading home. Click the link and it will tell you more about the movie.


On Tuesday, Megan went out to the tulip farm east of town. This is the photo she sent me via cell phone. It was a good day to be out. I've yet to be out there. Weird wet weather then the storm last week prevented me to go. Maybe this next week before all the color leaves!
I sent Easter goodies via Phil to Justin to family. They both work at the same company. Here's granddaughter Lydia with her stuffed Peep bunny I picked out for her. She looks like she's loving it. I can't believe she's going to be one year old next month!  They will be at the coast for Easter so we won't be with them. If it wasn't so far, where they will be, I'd be driving over there to join them. Oh well, I'm glad they are able to get away. They got a good deal on a hotel which is a bonus.

Melody being happy with her Easter surprise.
Owen enjoying his stickers with googly eyes.
Eggs from their hens. I won't have to color those eggs.
Tulips that Megan brought home from the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm. They are opening up today.
The reason we celebrate Easter! Jesus died on the cross for our sins. We await Sunday when we celebrate Him rising from the tomb and coming back for us....soon! But until then, His spirit lives within us and we have the Bible to read as well.
Have a Blessed Easter!
 

3 comments:

Linda W. said...

Your grandkids are so cute! I've not made it to the tulip farm yet either. I do want to go, so I might just take a day off work next week and do it. We'll see.... Happy Easter to you and your family!

Betsy said...

That movie sounds very interesting. Will have to watch for the DVD to come out. I love that peep! I've never seen one like that. All of your grandkids are just so cute. I hope you're having a wonderful Easter. He is risen!
Blessings, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Great pix of the kiddos! I can't believe Lydia is almost 1 too! Amazing how time flies. Have s great week Becky. Hope you have a chance to get out to the tulip farm soon.
God bless!
Aimee