Sunday, May 7, 2017

Green: Week 18 Photo Challenge

While we were out and about over a week ago, we spied this "elephant" after we ate at Camp 18 Restaurant. Same place I found the shoes for last week's challenge. We'd gone downstairs to see more logging memorabilia. We were near a window, looking at items when I spied a peculiar being across the creek. It took a few moments to figure out what it was.  It appears to be parts of a tree, with moss and ferns on it...notice the tusks?  Interesting subject indeed!

*****************************
The past few days have been lovely, weather-wise. Even though we had a bit of a storm Thursday with rain and a few thunder and lightning we didn't get hit like other towns/cities around. My sis who lives in WA and had nearly a 3 hour drive home from work, usually taking 45 min to drive. Power outages, trees down, limbs scattered everywhere. Oh my! Storm clouds here looked dark and heavy. Saturday was so nice for our drive to Woodland, WA for Megan and I. We visited Hulda Klager's Lilac Gardens. It was so refreshing to see the gardens and tour the house. Good to wear short sleeved shirts, even though I did take my sweater with me. Just in case. It was a bit windy. I was happy to have a low key day today. Besides church and walking out for dinner and a bit of an extra block, this evening, I didn't do much. Folded laundry while watching a movie "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" on tv...sci fi type but good with some humor.  {Based on The Mysterious Island, by Jules Verne.} I think I'm ready for another week of work, which is only 3 days as I'm taking a day of vacation Thurs. Staying home and working on a quilt now that I have some hard plastic to make a few templates from. I've got to get it started or I'll never get it made. Have a blessed week my friends, where'er you are around the world. Your kind comments are read and appreciated!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

Hi Becky! We had a cold rainy Friday and Saturday. Today was a bit better as it reached 61! We're at the lake tonight. Dennis will drive in for work tomorrow a.m. And I'll go home in the afternoon. PT and Dr. apps on Tuesday. It sounds like a lovely time on Saturday. I'm glad. You deserve to have some nice relaxing time.
Blessings,
Betsy.

mamasmercantile said...

I had to look twice but how wonderful to see the elephant, so unusual. Glad to hear that you were safe and no real damage from the storms. Take care.

Linda W. said...

Hope you'll share some of your photos of the lilac farm! :)

Gracie Saylor said...

The elephant is so cleverly made, and what fun to spot it unexpectedly! I'm so glad you got to go visit the lilac gardens. I really enjoyed seeing/smelling them when I went to the garden. Happy quilting! xx