Monday, May 22, 2017

Life Lately with Pondering Thoughts

 Friday was my out and about day. Primarily to pick up my  rodeo horse and sunset photos I had matted and framed. So pretty now hanging in my living room. Phil hung Sat evening after dinner. He was weary from mowing the lawn that had not been mowed for two weeks due to the rain. Now the sun has returned for several days. We are enjoying it. Well....people are now complaining about 92 degrees. Glad I am indoors. Air conditioner working. It's cooler later this week.
Weekend was busy with cleaning house instead of being with Justin and family. Most of them have colds. So next weekend will hopefully find them all better. On Sunday we had friends over after church. It's our Home2Home group. There are 7 of us. We have a fun time together. The host prepares the main dish, which was, what I call, chili-getti. I had already cooked hamburger, 2 jars of Trader Joes marinara sauce and one can of black beans, with spices, in the crockpot. It was so good and we ate it over spaghetti. Phil decided we needed 2 lbs of spaghetti where I think it should have been 1.5 lbs. There was a lot of spaghetti left over! So we gave the younger couple, with children, some of it to take home. Rest of it we're eating for lunches.  One person brings bread and another a salad. For some reason there were two people who brought bread and then there were homemade pies. As a fun time together, we wrote out what one of the bucket lists items we wanted to do before we died on a slip of paper. Put them in a bowl, then we each drew one and told how we'd help that person. Funny and interesting!

Today was a quite warm (93+ degrees) and the air conditioner at work wasn't working enough to keep it cool in the store. I'm thankful for a fan by one of the registers where I spent most of my time. My boss bought all of us beverages from the coolers, our choice! Lots of work on a hot day! Sweet! I chose strawberry lemonade. I had a chance to drink some of it. Got busy and then I realized it was sweeter than I expected. But still drank some of it. Here is sits by this delicious candy I tossed into my lunch box this a.m. to eat with my blueberries...oh I forgot to take a cookie..that's why. So good as I found it on a reduced price rack in a store...let's try it! I like it! Close to date expiration...still good.


The lid of the drink it adorable! That's me right now, chilling in our house where a/c is working! I'm not yet....but will be soon washing dishes...just got a load of laundry going. Less sweatshirts right now so less of a load.

Just some random thoughts to share on my day out last Friday...where I saw 6 cars, total, pulled over on the side of the road. Overheated. Not enough oil. Not prepared for the heat on the lovely day where nice clouds floated around making this grandma happy. Two other incidents along the way. How well do we prepare ourselves for what is coming up? Hot weather? Cold weather? Heavy traffic? Maintenance on our cars and houses? Food prep? Keeping up with cleaning the house? I'm just as bad as any one else. Sometimes I'd rather sit at my computer and read blog posts. Write blogs posts. I should be doing something in my "real tangible world" in my house, outside, in the community. I put off cleaning items around here til the day before company comes. Do I have my heart prepared for my life in present tense and beyond? What's most important for me? You? We get busy and things are set aside for another time to take care of. When calendar starts filling up, is there a "no" given so we can have a stay at home weekend? I'm trying to do that once a month. Find time to read, knit, quilt, walk, exercise, and rest to keep ourselves from getting stressed out. So many demands on time just gets dizzying to me. I choose to say no even though there's fun things to do all around. Only so many hours in a day. Choose wisely.
********

"And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee, for thou, Lord, has not forsaken them that seek thee." Psalm 9:10


🌆


3 comments:

Betsy said...

Thank you for sharing your time with us Becky. It hasn't been in the 90s yet but it's supposed to be 84 here today. I'm at the lake fighting ants. We had a tiny little sugar ants all over the campground this year for some reason... we've never had them before. You have very wise words in your post today. Preparation. The biggest question of all. Are we prepared for our last days on this earth and what will come after. Lots to think about.
Blessings, Betsy

Mereknits said...

I try to stay home as much as I can during the weekend because I drive for work all week long. I just want to be in, no responsibilities but taking care of Little Buddy and cleaning a bit here and there. I completely understand your thoughts Becky. Have a great week and stay cool.

Gracie Saylor said...

My youngest son recently shared a CD with me that a friend had given him and I like it so much I have been playing it a lot lately. One of the rousing songs is a great performance of Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord...and your post now also reminds me of the exciting challenges the Lord gives us to be prepared. In this season of your life while you are still on a regular working away from home much of the time schedule I can imagine how much you treasure your time at home and I felt the same way when working away from home. xx