Sunday, May 28, 2017

Light:Week 21 Photo Challenge

I nearly missed the sunset while we were at the coast. We got dinner a bit later than I'd expected. Once we sat down and ordered, I wondered out loud when sunset would be. Phil replied "You're the one with the phone and Google." I did and realized half way through our meal that I best eat a bit faster. Stopped into the restroom, then grabbed camera and put camera back pack on. Off I went. Phil would meet me down the few blocks where I was at the roundabout in Seaside. Scored a good sunset with two people silhouetted as well. We stayed a bit longer after it set as the moon was out as well. Then we walked back to our room.  Now I'm caught up with the photos...this was for last week. As usual there's something that keeps me busy!

****************************************
Thanks for your kind comments on Megan's job search. Her Friday interview went well. She also has another one for a different job coming up  Tuesday. A job with her career field and good pay and benefits.     
I spent time last evening after a walk, cutting back the ever frustrating black berry vines that encroach my flower bed. It looks much better. I'd been gone majority of the day and was surprised I had more energy after dinner and a walk. Hopefully tomorrow evening after work. I will be able to transplant a couple plants into bigger pots. Our ground is so full of clay that pots work better for me. And I can move them if need be. I've seen some lovely pots but once I pick them up at the store, they are too heavy and would be heavier with soil in them. So I stay with lighter weight ones. 


Have a blessed and happy Memorial Day weekend! 
God bless you and America! The land of the free and the home of the brave!

****************
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, 'Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord'. To the contrary, 'if your enemy is hungry, feed him, if her is thirsty, give him something to drink, for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.' Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." Romans 12:15-21


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Becky I thought of you and the service to your country after hearing it was Memorial weekend in the USA. Beautiful sunset.

Betsy said...

Such a beautiful sunset photo. I'll be keeping Megan and her job search in my prayers. I really like the verse that you chose to end your post with today. I hope you're having a lovely memorial day weekend and getting a little bit of relaxation in.
Blessings, Betsy

Kathy said...

That is a gorgeous sunset. Probably your best picture yet. Praying Megan finds the perfect job for her. Hope you enjoyed your weekend. Have a good week ahead.

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for sharing the pretty sunset view, Becky. I hope you had a good weekend. We have had guests for a week of fun-filled days, with hours in various parks enjoying the gorgeous weather. The verses you shared powerfully challenge us, don't they! I am thankful for all those who serve our nation for the cause of peace, and especially those who died in the process. Still praying Megan will soon find the job that is just right for her. xx