Friday, May 12, 2017

Nature:Week 19 Photo Challenge


When wind meets flowers and pine trees, nature creates a montage alongside the walk.

 ***********************************


     Just yesterday I had a day to myself at home. I pulled out my quilt magazine to figure out what I'm going to do with my flannel fabric I showed awhile back. I think it will work. I studied the pattern and other pages of the magazine to figure how to cut small triangles into units. Later in the evening, I pulled out my fabric and decided this pattern isn't going to work with my fabric I've stashed away. Sigh! But I've realized I can use it with a variation of pattern. Making a big 8 inch square using 2 triangle pieces of fabric, sewn together. As long as it measures 8 inches, I'm ok! So I'm going to do that this weekend, starting with one square and see how it works before I cut too much! It was good to have peace and quiet to read the magazine, work in my planner and add more things to my calendar on the wall.
     One of those events includes a lunch date with my girlfriends Laura and Beth. I called Laura and she's doing better than before, eating and more energy. She also said we should get together for lunch. So I called Beth afterwards and we got it all set. So thankful for Laura's health improving through her cancer phase. Our earlier lunch was cancelled due to her health issues.
    I've also been perusing a print out from the Belong Tour Living Room on Facebook. I am attending the Belong Tour, that's coming to Portland, in Sept. There are activities to do with friends that are going as well. I'm hoping to get together with a few people and do this study. This event is in twelve cities in USA. If you're interested, check out the link.

Today I was out and about. Had a mammogram, which wasn't too bad, then paid a couple bills. Went to Costco then ate a yummy lunch at Subway. They had free cookies today so I got my next to best favorite cookie...double chocolate chip cookie. They used to have the MnMs cookies but those are few and far between now.  Stopped at the outlet mall before going home. Had a $5 off reward to use at Columbia sportswear store. So I grabbed 6 items to try and 3 came home with me, including the cozy top I'm wearing in the photo. Good deals and then my veteran's discount and coupon made it all cheaper. And I'm ready for sun and coolness....hopefully sun soon. One top is long sleeved and omni shield which will help protect my arms from the sun. I now have 3 that I like and fit me well. When I first started buying omnishield shirts, I made a mistake of buying one with buttons all the way down. Well, that one last a year and isn't fitting well now. I'm one of those women who would rather have pull over or only a few buttons. Gap-osis is no fun! Interesting how clothing looks nice on the hanger but fitting and looks are different...that's why trying on is good! I liked a sweater but not the neckline! It all works out and so does coming home and getting a few things done, like another load of laundry that's always needing washed. With the sheets, it's not folding but putting them back on the bed. And then it's time to get a few things ready for dinner on this interesting day of wind and rain and clouds and humidity! Take care and have a great weekend!


4 comments:

Kathy said...

Love your picture. You are doing a good job with the photo challenge.

I hate trying on clothes. I know I should, but I usually bring them home and then have to return them. You are wise to fit them first.

Betsy said...

Hi Becky! Thanks for taking us along with you today. I was so glad to read that Laura is feeling better. I usually don't have much trouble with Gaposis but I have trouble with sleeves not long enough for me though. We had thunderstorms tonight again too. It's supposed to be cold and rainy off and on all weekend. Blah! I hope you have a lovely Weekend and thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. I truly appreciate them. Blessings, Betsy

Anonymous said...

Nice photo! It's good to see flowers again isn't it? I prefer pullover tops too and usually wear any button front shirts I own as light weight jackets over a tee shirt. Wishing you a blessed Mother's Day.
God bless,
Aimee

Gracie Saylor said...

Happy Mother's Day, Becky! I enjoyed reading about your busy days. Yay for some good shopping and plans to get together with friends. Cheering you on your quilting project! xx