Friday, June 23, 2017

BFF Birthday Outing

 One day at a time then the next thing I know, it's the end of the work week. Not posted for a week. Busy evenings. Including Tuesday evening when I met up with my best friend Tamara for a dinner together. We celebrated her upcoming birthday at my  favorite burger restaurant. She got her free birthday burger and a free sundae. We both ate from it. So yummy even though our tummies were full of food!
 What else can you do but eat some of the fries with ice cream on it! 
 The birthday girl with her gift bag of goodies I bought her.  
 Our waitress took this photo. She's always been fun waitress when Phil and I are 
there eating as well. 
 After I got home, I looked online to order a filter for my camera since I want to photograph the solar eclipse Aug 21. I bought a 2 pak from B&H Photo Video and it comes with some eclipse glasses. The filter isn't too expensive. But it will work for the event. Could have bought a more expensive one but why waste all that money. I'll show you when I get it. These glasses I bought  at The Shutterbug tent event in Beaverton on Sat. Cool, huh?  ;'} The funny thing about it all was I didn't know what type of eclipse it was...thought it was at night....not! Planning on camping out at the tulip farm on Sunday evening. Then go to work later in the day on Monday. Got on the schedule. 
I stopped into the credit union on Wed. This nice vase of peonies was on counter where I signed my check.  They are so pretty! My plant gave me two blooms this year. Last year...none!  I really need to work on my plants and it's supposed to be hot all weekend so it may need to wait til evening time. 

Today I had to get a filling done in a tooth. Old one wasn't good. Side of my mouth gave me a few problems and it took me a bit to eat my lunch afterwards at McDonald's. Feeling came back finally. I sat and talked with Kathy, who's at the dentist's front desk. We have a good time together. My mouth is better now, that I took an Advil. I'm tired enough I could just fall asleep now!  

Phil and I went on a walk this evening which was the  cooler part of the day. 85 degrees when we got back at 9:30. Sky was pretty hazy, especially east. Maybe from fire on the other side? High of 92 degrees this afternoon. The weekend is scorching hot, near 100 both days! Thankful for air conditioned house and car. Thankful for freshly made ice tea to refresh my thirst. Thankful for.......

"Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them." John 7:37-38

Have a great weekend! Be safe and wear sunscreen in the sunshine! Hugs and blessings!

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Always nice to catch up with friends and celebrate together, the icecream looks delicious. Hope you are feeling better after your visit to the dentist. Take care.

Linda W. said...

How fun to celebrate a friend's birthday! I'm not planning to go anywhere to watch the eclipse, although my daughter is now living in Redmond, which I'm told is in its path. Stay cool this weekend - ugh, I hate the heat!

Betsy said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful time with your friend. I know I always enjoy time spent with my best friend. I'm glad you got your tooth taken care of too. Isn't it funny how one little part of your body can make your whole body hurt? Stay cool and I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Betsy

Mereknits said...

YOu have been so busy Becky. Stay cool!

Gracie Saylor said...

I'm joining you in being thankful for iced tea and air-conditioning :) My daughter and SIL shoveled cedar chips and gravel in this heat! Bless them and you and yours for the upcoming week. xx

TamaraB said...

It was such a fun time getting together. Soooo stuffed and of course fries are a must with ice cream. They just have to take a dunk. Felt so spoiled with my goodie bag and just the chance to fellowship with my bff. I am so looking forward to you Eclipse pictures. have a Blessed week my friend and stay cool.

Janet Coffield said...

What a lucky gal! <3