Friday, June 9, 2017

Heat:Week 23 Photo Challenge

My heat challenge is on our gas stove, cooking spaghetti sauce for our lunch after church on Sunday. Phil usually makes this meal  most of the time. Boiling water for spaghetti and water for hot tea for me. I enjoy caffeinated tea, drinking it the British way, with sweetener and milk. Once I became accustomed to it whilst living there for 2 years, it's the only way to drink it! 
***************

I became aware a few months ago that I've not been keeping up with all my activities I've photographed this year. January and February were hard months for me. I need to get back into the swing of things on this blog. I'm going backwards in time for awhile to show you where I've been. Thanks for being patient with me. I also enjoy comments and do read them.  A couple friends noted that since I'm a veteran, I shouldn't have to work on Memorial Day. This day is to honor the men and women who served in the military and died serving their country. I am still alive, thank goodness! Also Monday is my day to work and am main cashier that day. So I work and get off early. as hours were shortened that day. I worked 3 days last week as Phil and I left Thursday for our trip to the coast.  I do what I got to do! There are quite a few co-workers who are veterans as well. The most we've had in awhile. Four of us are Air Force, and one Marine and Navy. Only three of us were there on Monday, as we don't always work the same days. That's life at work. Thanks for your sentiments, my friends!

On Wednesday after a busy day at work, I headed to Baumans to pick up some strawberries. I almost always miss them. They are so delicious and juicy. I ate one after paying and of course, some ended up on my shirt! We had some with our mac and cheese dinner. I put remainder in the fridge.  It was a good thing to be out into the country and into the store where it's full of fruit and bakery goods and flowers to cruise through, even though I was a bit tired. Two days now we've had many customers and there's a line up at the register. Thankfully I have people who will help as second cashier.  A breathe of fresh air to end the day....and a walk with Phil after dinner was refreshing too. 
  Take care and have a blessed day, my reader friends around the world. God bless you!


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

My sincere apologies if I caused you any offence with my comment on Veterans day. It was my understanding that it was to honour those that had served in the military, as well as honouring the fallen. Sorry for my confusion. Have a great weekend.

Betsy said...

I'm with you Becky. Having spent time in Europe and especially the UK, I was used to drinking tea with milk and sweetener. That's also how my grandmother always served it to me as a child. Unfortunately I've gotten used to drinking it without sweetener or milk because that's the way my mother-in-law always served it. I think my next cup of tea will have milk and sugar in it! Thank you my friend.

We just have blooms on the strawberries on this side of the state. No fruit as yet. I can't wait to taste some sweet strawberries from the garden here at the lake. I hope you have a lovely weekend my friend.

Blessings, Betsy

Linda W. said...

My son picked an entire flat of strawberries last weekend - and boy were they good!

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Becky - so nice that you have a gas stove - mine is electric and not as easy to regulate. By the way, thank-you for your service to our country! I am so in awe of our military veterans. Fresh strawberries are one of the best things about this time of year. Hope you have a wonderful week. xx Karen