Friday, June 2, 2017

Memorial Day Week

 Memorial Day was an early work day for me. Slow start but by 10:20 my boss and I had a line that took us 10 minutes to get the line finished at the register. Everybody stayed home and did projects. We closed for the day at 3:30 p.m.  I went over to a cemetery that always displays flags. It's so pretty.

 When I got home on Tuesday I boiled potatoes for I was making potato salad for Wednesday. It's the last Bible study until fall. Thankful that Megan helped me out by peeling shells from hardboiled eggs I'd made Monday. I sat at the table to mix it all.  Realized I was out of mustard but it worked with dry Coleman mustard. We had it with grilled salmon and sausages and green salad. And a delicious chocolate dessert. It was a good time at Paul and Vickie's home.



And now here I am resting, drinking hot tea and just finished peach yogurt I got at breakfast this morning when I chose what items I decided to eat before having another fun day with Phil. Oh yeah! I'll be back soon. I'm thankful for good weather, safety, good photo ops and comfy beds. Take care.

5 comments:

Betsy said...

That cemetery does look beautiful Becky. I think many have missed the meaning of Memorial day and just think of it as another day off of work. And here you are, veteran, and you still have to work. Something doesn't seem quite right about that. Are you on a trip? Your last picture looks like you may be in a hotel!
Blessings,
Betsy

mamasmercantile said...

It looks to be a well cared for cemetery, which is always a good sign that people care. Nice to see it Becky.

Mereknits said...

GLad you are having a great time Becky. Enjoy your day.

Linda W. said...

Nice photos of the flags at the cemetery.

Kathy said...

So sorry you had to work on Monday but at least it wasn't a long day. I love the way the cemetery is kept so nicely. We need to remember our vets. The food looks delicious. Sounds like you ate well!