Saturday, July 1, 2017

Bokeh:Week 26 Photo Challenge



An interesting word for sure. Look it up....Bokeh. I couldn't find it in one of my dictionaries so of course I goggled it! It's a smooth out of focus area behind your subject. I think this one works.  I picked a different one earlier this week. Nope...needed to try out another one. Here's my hydrangea bush in our side lawn.  Focus on your object then everything else is out of focus.  Small aperature. This one was 5.6, 1/40, ISO 400  Canon Rebel T3 . Need more practice but it's a start of something new on my list to work on. Make background smooth. Another wording is shallow depth of field.  Catch up with you soon, as I've been out of town a few days! Take care!


5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I have never come across this word before either, always good to learn something new.

Mereknits said...

So pretty Becky.

Gracie Saylor said...

Yes, I think you succeeded. It is a lovely photo, Becky. Happy July 4th! xx

Kathy said...

That is one beautiful photo. Bokeh. Now I've learned a new word.

Teresa Kasner said...

I know the term bokeh but when I saw images with it there were bubbles of color. Go to Google and type in - bokeh images - and you will see what it looks like. Have a good week ahead! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)