Sunday, August 20, 2017

Pre-Eclipse Photos

 Mid afternoon I tried out my solar filter on my camera. It took me awhile to figure out some settings to get the sun to look good. Here's my favorite three photos of my trial for tomorrow's solar eclipse event in our part of Oregon! The only thing you should see through you solar eclipse glasses and filters is the yellow sun! Our town has completely sold out of the glasses!

This photo shows clouds coming in. Fun to watch them overtake the sun. Right now the sky is clear. Tomorrow morning will be cool enough, I hope, when we get to our spot across town. Daytime high is 88 degrees with some cloudiness. Hopefully not too cloudy for the eclipse.  There hasn't been a huge surge of traffic like the media quoted there'd be. Good thing. My girlfriend, Beth, and I went down to see our friend, Laura, on Friday. Traffic wasn't bad...except for a back up as there was a 2 car wreck, on our way home. Other than that it was fine! Normal Friday summer afternoon traffic.  Laura has low platelet level so no chemo done for now. She was really tired when we left. Keep praying for her, please as it's not an easy fight her right now. Thanks so much for your friendship and kindness on this journey..and in life. What we do without our friends and God? 

 I am working on an essay to share when a few of us from Faith and Culture Writers Connection go visit the Oregon State Penitentiary later this week. They've been participating for 11 years now and I was able to go with them this year. Prayers for our good words to encourage their lives and protection as well. A step out in faith to me. It is an essay contest that is within the prison, and I think even prisoners give essays as well. Never done this before. So I will find out when I get there!  Have a blessed week, my friends! 

"His line shall endure for ever, his throne as long as the sun before me. Like the moon it shall be established for ever; the faithful witness in the sky." Psalm  89:36-37


4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Great photos Becky. Prayers for you and your forthcoming journey and your friend, praying for her health.

Kathy said...

That is a good filter you have on your camera. I do not expect to see the event nor take live pictures of it. We will see. During the peak of the eclipse I will be on the road taking Joe to a doctor's appointment at the VA Hospital. When I asked to have it changed to another time, the doctor told me to just come it wasn't that big of a deal.

So sorry to hear about your friend. I'll be praying.

Linda W. said...

Cool photos! Can't wait to see your eclipse pics!

Mereknits said...

Great photos Becky. SEnding you positive thoughts that your words make a difference.