Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Water: Week 31 Photo Challenge

The ocean is one of my favorite waters in the world. I shot this photo after my daughter and I had been with my sister for lunch, in Lincoln City, first week of July. Both a motorized surf boarder, right, and a kite boarder, are in this scene. It was fun to watch them in the water. Bright summer afternoon but I took photos anyway. Using a ISO of 100 and sunny as white balance helped. When I'm out and about, I take photos when I can, no matter time of day.
*************************************

Here are the kite boarders kite above the ocean. They look so small but they are big when they are going into the water. 


Kite boarder who came out to regroup after going down in the water. We saw the board on the waves a couple times then up came his head! Good! He got all the lines untangled and back into the water he went. We talked to him a few minutes. He said it takes kite flying to a whole new level. A big boy toy for sure! 





Lovin' the wave action! So I took a few more photos as the tide was coming in when we were there, then out a bit before we left. I've seen kite boarding on the Columbia River, out of Hood River but never on the ocean. Now I have! It was hard for us to leave as it was so fun to watch them have fun!

Megan enjoying the beach! We both wore Seaside sweatshirts I'd bought in April. It was cool on the beach and felt cozy wearing them. Off we went to eat ice cream and purchased our eclipse tshirts in the store next door! We enjoyed our day out at the coast! Trip #3 for me.
**************

This evening I found out my girlfriend, Laura, is on hospice. Her sister said they were keeping her comfortable as her health is declining. I'm thankful Beth and I were able to visit her 2 weeks ago. Good memories live on....our last fun outing was in May. Hard to fathom life without my friend.  

Smokey skies remain. Temps have been warm, cooler today but warmer weather headed into the Labor day weekend. Was hoping to bbq but hi 90s isn't a good time to be outdoors with all the yucky air that's around the vicinity. Prayers for fire fighters around the area and those in TX with all the flooding.  Thanks for stopping by. I enjoy your comments and being one of my readers! God bless you all! 




7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

The waves look amazing, looks like a great day out. So sorry to hear about your friend. Megan is still in my prayers, hoping she gets a job soon.

Linda W. said...

Those kite boarders are amazing! Glad you had a good day on the coast.

Betsy said...

Such wonderful photos of the beach Becky. As you know, Dennis and I love the ocean and it's been several years since we've been there. I live vicariously through your photos my friend. I've also watched the kite boarders when driving along the Columbia, especially around The Dalles and Hood River. Always a beautiful sight. I never thought of them being in the ocean, it seemed more of a "smoother" water sport! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm glad you have wonderful memories of your friendship. I'll continue to pray for her and for Megan's job search.
We had planned a weeklong camping trip up near Canada but the smoke is awful here. I just had my air filters in the car changed this morning and they were both full of soot! And we're breathing that in! I don't know what we'll do now. Our orginal plan was the coast, but every campground I contacted was full! Oh well, we'll find something fun to do.
Have a lovely weekend my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Kathy said...

I love your pictures. I have never seen kiteboarding in the ocean.

So sorry to hear of your friend. I'll be praying for her and still praying for Megan.

Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hi Becky, so nice to see your wonderful photos of the beach there in Lincoln City. I just love the color of the water and that place holds fond memories of taking my children there when they were small. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Also, it is terrible about the fires. If only we could get some rain......it has been so dry this year. I worry about fire all the time. I see that everyone is praying for Megan in her job search and I will join those prayers, too. Hope you are well and that we get some cooler and wetter weather soon. Hugs and blessings xo Karen

krishna said...

liked the pictures.. I haven't been on beach for a long time.. your pictures make me missing beach.. :)

Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

krishna said...

Hi, Thanks for your lovely comment. I'm following you, will you please follow me back? XOXO