Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My WeekThus Far

I had a short work  week. I worked early shift on Monday as my co-worker had a short trip to PA. A family member died suddenly. Sigh. Oh but I enjoyed my drive to work. Chilly night makes for moisture on the my daughter's car window, dew on grass, fog hovering over a creek. Children wearing coats on their walk to various school. Today's work was busier than Monday. Interesting late day with helping a brother with his sister and her school project. Their mom finally came to help and gave the girl money to buy two things. I told her to take a photo when she finished then show it to me. I encouraged both bro and sis to be patient with each other. Bro needs to realize it's not his project but he can give her tips. I gave them both an Andes mint at end of their visit.
  It was a chilly day with rain.  Yummy dinner with Megan and friend Tamara at Panera. Autumn squash soup with half sandwich. Now enjoying a rest off my feet. Watching a show on Roku. I need to check my list of food I want to make for our celebration. Making some while buying some others. A friend is making four dozen cupcakes. I never know how much people will eat. Then there's people who don't RSVP. What do I do about that? Not coming I suppose.
    I did a couple projects last evening. Still need to pick up stickers I didn't buy the other day. Pick them up while doing  errands in a.m.  Home and get more things done. I'm using 2 vacation days off.  Always something to do before people arrive.
     While going through my shelves under curio cabinet, I came across a picture of my friend Debra and me with king Henry Viii. Oh sweet. And sadness came as I remembered she wouldn't be here. She came for our 25th anniversary celebration. Nor will Laura be here. Both are gone now to a better place. I'll cherish their friendship always. I'm thankful God brought them into my life. Thankful for my friends and family I have that's still here. And thankful for my readers too.  Oh goodness. It's late. Must go but til next time be blessed!



4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I don't think you ever get over the loss of a friend or loved one, you learn to live with it. Hopefully your pain will lessen over time. Love to hear about your menu plan and decor ideas for your celebration. Have a good week.

Betsy said...

Hi Becky! I just realized I hadn't RSVP'd with the rush about of my trip to Omaha. I'm sorry Dennis and I won't be there but I'll be thinking of you. I hope you have a lovely party and I'm wishing you and Phil many, many more years together my friend.

I enjoyed reading about you helping the brother and sister in the store. Your heart shines through in everything you do. I'm sure they appreciated it.

Blessings always, Betsy

krishna said...

It is always sad to lose friends or any near and dear ones.. hope you will recover soon.. big hug..

Beatrice Euphemie said...

A sweet post, Becky. It's a busy time, planning a party is fun, but exhausting. So nice of you to help the brother and sister in the store on your unexpected work day. Celebrating life's milestones without our dear ones is always hard, but they are always in our hearts. Sending hugs and blessings for your weekend. xx Karen