Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Our 40th Anniversary

Crazy busy in life last week! But it was a fun filled week with some stress. I'm glad I kept mostly sane. Phil and I started our anniversary celebration by going out for lunch on our actual wedding anniversary Oct 8 after church. We enjoyed our meal La Provence in Lake Oswego. I'd been to one up in Portland with my friends in May. I knew then I wanted Phil to enjoy a meal there too. It was delicious!



These flowers are so pretty in spite of them not being real. The gel looks so much like water!

I brought leftovers home so I could enjoy it at work on Monday. Leftover hot tea sipped thru afternoon. We splurged and bought a piece of chocolate cake with chocolate ganuche and hazelnuts! Oh.so.delicious! $5.25 for small piece. A whole round of it was $35. Truly didn't want to spend as our meal for dessert,too! Sigh! We split it that evening with our light dinner.






 I only worked 2 days last week. Took Wed-Thurs off as vacation days to get ready for the celebration on Sat.  On Wed a.m. I had a blood draw and waited 57 minutes before I was called to counter and then the draw. I was hungry after that so went to cafe and bought a cinnamon roll. I'd not had any breakfast and that looked so good. I sat and ate and read on my cell phone for awhile. Why I didn't get hot tea is a mystery. I needed the caffeine,.....wait. Lunch time was coming so I'd have some there. Now I wished I'd just come home afterwards. By the time I got to Salem, I was tired...but got what I needed and did a bit of nothing....it's my day off!


On Thurs I baked 4 rounds of cranberry scones. They were from a mix I'd bought when we were in at Cranberry Sweets and More in Bandon this June.

 Two loaves of pumpkin banana bread with walnuts. I found this recipe from Pioneer Woman's website. Oh so delicious!

 Friday morning I picked up my bakery items at Panera. I'd seen a cinnamon raisin swirl bread on Tuesday when I was there for dinner after work with Megan and my friend Tamara. I ordered one Thurs evening to pick up on Fri. After that was a trek to Baumans where I got a loaf of pumpkin chip (chocolate) bread and 1.5 dozen of cheddar bacon and chive scones. Then I grabbed a lemon pound cake as well. I never know how many people are actually going to show. Nor do I know their appetites.  Better more than not enough.
 My cart of tastiness and nice looking pumpkins on my way to the car. Good idea to get there by 10:30 a.m. as the place was popular due to the pumpkin fest activities. Three buses turned onto the road as I was headed there as well.
 The minion hay bale thru my windshield.
Megan is stirring up apple cider cheese ball mix with cream cheese on Fri evening. I made a sunrise peach one as well. They tasted better Sat as they'd sat overnight. I liked the peach one better. It was put onto crackers by the guests. I wish now I would have got a non-fruit flavor. Oh well. 

Now that the party is over, I am still tired...and need to get a few things re-organized! It took Phil and I awhile to get through all the cards. Opened some after we got home from dinner with Megan, Kerri and Ranor. He paid for our meals! Sweet! I got an autumn flower arrangement, a rose bush and many lovely cards. We were blessed with family and friends that came by to celebrate with us. I was happy that Beth and Sandy were able to make it. My girlfriends from school. Closest ones I have now. 

Here are a few photos I took early on before the celebration started. Chocolate cupcakes!


The finished product! Hanging in the hallway so guests could see it when they came
in the front door. 


The lovely autumn floral arrangement brought by one of Phil's co-workers. I know him too and was so surprised as well~exciting times! My friend, Tamara, who has been in the floral business for years, took them from me when I handed them to her in the kitchen...."Here florist friend, could you put these in a vase for me please?" And she did! I am thankful for her and for Megan's help as well! I was happy to see my adorable and fun grandchildren and their parents!

Our dinner at Red Robin! I'd eaten quite a bit that afternoon and decided fish would be a good idea! Hamburger just seemed too filling to me.
It was a good time with Kerri and Ranor as they come down from Yelm, WA. Long drive and time to talk about many things. We've seen alot of each other this year. We didn't get a birthday outing like we did in the past few years. I think we need to get one planned for 2018....February will be here before we know it! Oh wait....there's Thanksgiving and Christmas before that! I've got work to do for sure! I've got a few things for Christmas and I need to print out photos for my calendars again. And Christmas cards. I'm tired right now so I don't even want to think about all that! My foot is tired and so is my mind. So it's off to dream land soon. One more day of work this week. Dr appt Friday and think maybe I'll try to get a pedicure. A bit of tlc can help it along.
I'll be back with more photos of the celebration soon! All in my camera that's out of sight right now. Hope your week has been blessed and the weather enjoyable. Will be back in a few days!
  

9 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Looks like a wonderful celebration, beautiful food and great company what could be better. Hope you managed to get a good nights sleep and now feel refreshed.

Anonymous said...

Happy 40th anniversary to you and your hubby! Really like the photo of you two:) Glad your celebration was an enjoyable one! Have a good Thursday and God bless.
Blessings, Aimee

Linda W. said...

Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!

Betsy said...

It looks as though you did quite a lot of work in preparation for your celebration. I wish we could have been there too, but we were there in spirit. You and Phil were mentioned quite often on Saturday! How nice that you were able to draw it out and make it last a long time. Hope the blood draw brings good results for you my friend.
Blessings lways,
Betsy

Kathy said...

Happy 40th Anniversary! That's a beautiful picture of you and your husband. Looks like a great celebration.

Mereknits said...

Congrats on 40 amazing years Becky. Both you and Phil seem so happy. The party sound wonderful and delicious too.

Teresa Kasner said...

*H*A*P*P*Y* * *A*N*N*I*V*E*R*S*A*R*Y*!*!* - sounds like a fabulous party, I look forward to seeing more photos on your next post. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

Shweta Shah said...

many congrats for wonderful 40 year, wish both of you many more such years with lots of happiness. It seems great celebration. Have a great life a head.
I am your new follower, hope you follow me back.
https://clickbystyle.blogspot.in/

Gracie Saylor said...

Happy Anniversary! It is very exciting that you and Phil have shared 40 years together, and your celebration sounded wonderful :) xx