The weekend started out with getting things done at home. Then late afternoon we went to a Christian Academy across town for dinner, auction and concert! Friends we know from the school invited us as we used to attend the same church and taught some of their children. The school resides within a church building. Here's my spot at the dinner table....8 settings at each table times 10 tables. Not all were completely full. We were met at the door and greeted by a few people. Then I went over to buy some raffle tickets.
Our two choices were the See's candy basket and the movie date night. Two tickets for See's candy. four for the movie date night.
Dinner was served after the story was told how the school was started and a few other things. After dinner, there was a piano duet, a boy recited by memory Romans 8. This choir was directed by the young lady who just graduated from the school a couple years ago. They were really good!
I didn't know til later that this sign was up for silent auction...not until after bidding was over. Still like it alot. That's the reason for the photo! All the money raised by silent auction, raffle and live auction were donated to the school. We didn't win anything but I did buy the flower arrangement on our table. $15 for flowers that will last way past Thanksgiving. It was good to see these children perform and help and be with friends...a few we knew at the table too. Good food and relaxing evening!
Sunday afternoon we went to Applebees for our free veteran's meals. Always fun to go there. They were the 1st to start this free meal deal 11 years ago. Alot of times we go to the same one. We didn't have to wait long to be seated. I remember years ago we'd have to wait awhile. Now that more restaurants are doing it there's less lines.
Phil had double crunch shrimp and I had the 6 oz steak. Yum! We were given a $5 gift card to use the next meal....can only use one...so will have to go different times. I forgot the last time and didn't use it.
I am thankful to have served in the US Air Force. It was quite the experience and mostly a good experience I'm glad I chose! That's how Phil and I met...in England when we served.
After we got home we went to Menchies frozen yogurt place with Megan. We got the 1st 6 oz free and the rest paid for...not much! Megan had Phil smile as he didn't in the first one....here he's being funny! Afterwards we went on a walk to lose some of the calories we'd eaten.
Yesterday late afternoon I was upstairs in the breakroom. I'd seen the sky pink and looked out and so pretty! It gets dark about 5 p.m. now. And evenings have gotten colder...sometimes days have too. Today wasn't too bad!
It's beginning to look like Christmas at work. Anton put up the wreath over the entry way.
A small Christmas tree above the section by register. It had cleaning products but now changed to iron work and clocks and thermometers. I like it alot better! The ceiling fluorescent lights are being changed this week to long led lights. It a bit brighter but apparently it's better on the eyes, as one man who's installing them, told me. I'll be glad when it's all done.
After work yesterday I ate at Panera, by myself. Friend Tamara had to work and I had "cooties"from a cough. It felt good to sit and do a whole lot of nothing as it had been a semi busy day. Went shopping before I ate....bought some things I needed. Glad to be inside as it was cold outside. I'm glad I had my gloves. I've had a cough and have slept one complete night on my new recliner and my Young Living diffuser is out there too...in living room. Slept portions of 3 nights on recliner. I think I am mostly over it...finally. Helpful essential oils get me through it! Next week will be different for me but will be ok. Prayers that my brother's toe surgery goes well tomorrow. My boss is having his hip replaced the day before thanksgiving and off a few weeks. I'm looking forward to a bit of holiday fun coming up. There's 3 firemen from our town that are in Paradise, CA....what's left of it. Joe is working night shift and he's pretty tired and probably not home til after thanksgiving. We've known him for years. Prayers for fires and disasters......recovery from hurricane Michael,....a friend of mine lives down there. I've seen lots of photos ....tarp city.... downed trees. God have mercy on us and so thankful He still is in control. Hugs and prayers my friends!












8 comments:
Oh my Becky! So much in this post. The night at the Christian academy looks like it would be a lot of fun. We used to do that too when we had the school at our church. We had briefly thought about going to Applebee’s for Veterans Day dinner, but when we drove by, the lines were so long we decided to just go home and eat. It’s been that way every year. I hope you’re soon feeling better. I use a thieves roller bottle mix on our feet every night during cold and flu season and that really seems to help some. Have a lovely day my friend.
Blessings, Betsy
hope you are feeling well now.
Thank you to you and your husband for your service to our country.
The evening at the academy looked like a fun night and must have been wonderful to catch up with some of the children you taught. Gerard and I met when we were in the Army based at an Army Air Corps base in the South of England. Hope you feel better soon.
A nice evening at the academy... looks like enchiladas? I think it's really neat that you and Phil met in the service and in England. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)
Hey there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and
say I really enjoy reading your posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics?
Thanks!
It is neat that you and Phil and Lorraine and Gerard have military service in common. Thanks to you all for your service! Glad you had a good time at the school and I hope you feel better soon. xx
Thank you and Phil for your service Becky.
Post a Comment