Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year



The Christmas season has left us with memories of the day and some trees still with us.  A couple nights ago I decided to get out my camera and photograph our tree without a flash on the camera so the lights could be seen better. I pulled out the tripod for it's 3 legged help and set my dear Canon friend on top of the ball head. Then shot away and got some good shots to share with you.  We bought this tree last year after Christmas. It came with Christmas lights already on it. Nice. Easier to set up than our older tree, my dear husband said.  I put up some Precious Moments ornaments on it and husband put up the angel that we've had for a number of years. She's a bit crooked, not always wanting to stay straight up. The little stuffed animal/doll was left under the tree by the adorable grandchildren on Christmas eve!  Precious Moments ornament spelling the name of JESUS, whose birthday we celebrated on Christmas. May He be in your hearts as we begin the New Year.  The clear angel was one of 2 a friend gave me. She and her husband moved into his grandmother's house a few months ago. They were going through some of her things and they gave me these (his mom said take it). I love the lights of this. And memories of angels like this on our tree when I was growing up. May your guardian angel keep  you safe where ever you go and rest assured God knows where you are...and He's there with you, whether you feel Him or not.  God Bless you in this coming New Year.  Hugs to you, my friends. I will be back later with more of our Christmas. I've been down with a wretched cold bug and am still feeling it's effects. Sigh! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train!

Let the words of my mouth and the
 meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,
O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Misery loves company...just getting over a cold here. I wish you a quick and total recovery Becky.
Beautiful photos...perhaps I should attempt to use the tripod my dad gave me someday:)
God bless you and yours,
Aimee

Karen said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! There is nothing worse than being sick during the Holidays! Love sentiments, Becky and your tree is very pretty with it's angels and icicle garland. I have a similar crystal angel. My tree top angel is crooked, too! She has been with us since our first year of marriage - 40 years, so I guess she is allowed to lean a little! New Year blessings! xx

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. No fun! I love the low light pics you took of your tree. Happy New Year!