Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Biscotti and Rain Storm

Biscotti.  
    On Sunday late afternoon I made speckled biscotti. One in on the cutting board it cut and other two awaiting to be cut diagonally after being baked  for 30 minutes. Once all cut they were put back in oven for 20 minutes. 

They taste delicious. I have not made them in years. Its from a Christmas Southern Living cookbook 1997. I bought it years ago at a Christmas event at a nearby RV park. 1997 would have been out 20th Christmas as a married couple. I enjoy looking through. Not all food are recipes. I made biscotti to give a portion of it to Erin my daughter in love. Part of a birthday 🎁  tea and a couple other things. 
Late Monday afternoon I stopped at outlet mall to see if there was something I needed pants wise at Eddie Bauer store. I had a $10 gift card email from them to use. Last day. Nearly forgot. I found another pair of cozy fleece pants. I was surprised that this little cabin had lights still on it. I've seen a few houses that still have holiday lights  on as well. I still have my Ningxia bottles with fading lights in them as well. 

(©Becky Lowmaster 2021)
Tues while I was in my bathroom getting ready to go out for my monthly massage I saw these cross necklaces of mine hanging closer than usual. When I was looking at it thru my phone camera I realized it was right above my thieves cough drops package.  Kind of made me laugh. Thinking about Jesus hanging on cross between two thieves. Jesus hasn't stolen my ❤ heart. I've given Him my mind as I live through life. Good times. Hard times.  He came to earth to be with us. Jesus in form of mankind. 
Monday there was some rain. More on Tuesday with some breeze.  Around 9:30 p.m. there was more rain and wind with gusts. Lights were glitching around midnight. Yes I'm up that late at times.  I opened up our front door late Wed morning to see if anything fell or was flooded. Mmmmm lawn looks different. Oh no! A portion of Darlene's fence came apart. She did know about it when I called her. A new post is needed. Her nephews will get it taken care of. 

This morning when I was on my phone there was no internet connection. I went to check in office to see if the lights were on for it. Nope. At least I had 4G all day. A bit later I found out that our town seemed to be off internet. Wound up 530 ish p.m. when it came back on. I kept rebooting the modem a few times this afternoon.  I finally  mopped kitchen floor after dining room floor. 

 When Phil and I went on a walk after dinner we spotted pieces of branches and fir boughs. At one point I nearly tripped on fir boughs and pine cones. Ok I went onto a sidewalk which was cleaner. Another place later had lots more on sidewalk. Phil said he should come over with his leaf blower and get it off the sidewalk. If someone came out to ask what he was doing he'd tell them" it was for cleanup for $15 or he will put it back up on the sidewalk."  πŸ˜…πŸ˜πŸŽ‰ funny husband you are!!  Today was dry and chilly this evening. No rain for a few days. Hurrah!!  I called to get a haircut appointment and I'm available to get one on Monday. I keep reading that our country may go into lockdown. Get an appt before it happens. One never knows what's going to happen. I do not want to wait for months like I did in 2020. Life is like that way anyway. Out of nowhere came forest fires that smoke settled in areas for weeks. We survived. Have a good rest of your week. 

              πŸ’œπŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸŒˆπŸŒ .....Becky

..........

 "In the beginning was the Word. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by Him, and nothing was made without Him. The Light shines in the darkness, and darkness has not overpowered it.~~John 1:1-5

           **************************


(All PHOTOS on my post are mine. Do not copy and nor share without permission. Thanks. ©Becky Lowmaster)


 ####


5 comments:

Teresa Kasner said...

Looks like you're keeping busy. I hope you get your haircut. I cut my own bangs and Dayle has cut my hair a few times. Our electricity went out at 1 am and didn't come back on until 5 pm. But we have our generator so we had heat, lights and even TV all day. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

mamasmercantile said...

The biscotti looks wonderful and so tasty. A lovely idea to give it as part of a birthday gift package, such a great treat.

Kathy said...

Your biscotti looks good. I don't think I have ever had it.
So sorry about all your storms. Sounds as if they were bad to have so much debris on the sidewalk. That was nice of your husband to clean up.
I get my hair cut about once a year and only then because I think the ends need it. I like my hair long.
Hope you have a great day today.

Betsy said...

That biscotti looks really good. So nice to make some for your daughter in law. We had 73 mph winds yesterday here in Spokane. Trees were down everywhere and most people are still without power. The funny thing is, here in the RV park, ours didn't even blink. Dennis had the generator all ready to go in case we needed it for the furnace. There is a HUGE tree down about a mile from the park and it snapped four power poles. Today is blue, blue sky. It's beautiful. Our winter has been really mild so far and I hope it stays that way. It's make camper living very easy and cozy.
I'm glad you're all well. Hope you get a hair appointment. I've been trimming my own and it's worked okay so far.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

roughterrain crane said...

Speckled biscotti looks tasty. You are good at finding something interesting amid this pandemic. Please take care and be safe.