And this is the after shot! Which would you choose? The second one, of course.
I moved this wicker chair in from the living room so I can use it to read on when hubby is watching tv in the other room. Right now my hats and grandchildren toy box are on top of storage container. I downsized quite a bit. Can you find Elmo?
Here's what I found along the way in all the mess that I had! Family photos!
My hubby and his family prior to his being my boyfriend even!
Mary Engelbriet paper that was all rolled up. I saved it but haven't decided what to do with it. Any suggestions?
A beautiful knitted shawl, possibly wool, that was my mom's, probably. I used Dry Cleaner's Secret sheet, you use in dryer. It freshed it up alot. Now I need a better place to store it than in a corner inside a sack.
An old tshirt when hubby and I went to Hawaii on a business trip. I didn't have the heart to get rid of it. So have decided to use it as a sleep shirt.
Hubby's Uncle George in his Army uniform.
Uncle George and Jane on their wedding day,
my father-in-law, on right.
I love this wedding dress.
Plastic sack from our trip to PA in 2002. I decided to take a photo of it to remember it by and let it go along with other items to the thrift store. Thrift store with get 2 boxes from me next week. Garbage got 2 bags full. I need to go through one since I realized that I threw away a pr. of jeans I wanted to keep for painting and outdoor errands. (Found out daughter thought the jeans were her's and was wearing them. No wonder I couldn't find them! :0)
I want to thank my friend, Laura, another blogger, in helping me change my lazy way. I found her in 2009 when I started blogging and have enjoyed her encouragement ever since. So click her link above and get started on organizing or getting ideas. It worked for me! I wasn't real bad, just fell off the wagon for awhile!
2 comments:
I think you should cover a box with the Mary Engelbreit paper. Just today I pulled out some ME fabric and a quilt that is half made!
Sounds like a good idea. Then shall I hide things in the box or give it away? Mmmmaybe give it to my sis for her bday with a gift inside! Thanks for your suggestion, allysgrandma!
Post a Comment